A big welcome to new joiners
Posted at 13:00 in : Blog
January is a big month for new joiners, and when your team has had a nice long break away from the office, it’s sometimes tough to show new colleagues what a normal office atmosphere looks and feels like when everyone returns from holidays.
We’ve put together some ideas for your team to help ease any new people into the office:
- The first day anywhere for anyone is similar to how you felt on your first day at a new school – so keep that in mind! The first thing to do is remember to be friendly and welcoming, even if you’ve got a lot going on and you’re stressed yourself.
- Have a plan! You want to quickly familiarise your new colleague not only with the office, but with the company’s goals and aspirations, so that they understand the important role they’ve been hired to play. Once they know that – they can start making a difference.
- Plan a team lunch. Encourage some team bonding by arranging a pub lunch one day during the week with the whole team, floor or office, depending on the size of your business. It’s a great way of getting into the fresh air and gives your new joiner the chance to talk to people he or she may not sit close enough to talk to under usual circumstances.
- Put together a clear manual – something that contains passwords, tips, tricks and protocol so that your new joiner can get ahead by reading up on everything in the office. It also means that after the induction, he or she can find anything she missed in there – and we all know sometimes we don’t want to ask too many questions, or even ones we think might be obvious, especially when we’re new!
- Invest in a vending machine and revamp your staff area! Hot drinks machines are the perfect way to encourage a bit of in-office chat during breaks. And if there’s somewhere comfortable enough nearby, you’ll find that your team will stay put on their breaks and use the extra time to communicate with their team over a hot or cold drink! A drinks vending machine in your office space gives any new joiners the perfect opportunity to mingle with other people in the office too.
If you’d like to talk to someone about an office vending machine and the options available to you, please don’t hesitate to give us a call to find out more details about our KLIX drinks vending solutions.
Call us on: 0800 0323 444 or visit Get A Quote.