Top tips on saving for Christmas
Posted at 15:24 in : Blog
Christmas is just round the corner, so here are some tips to help cut the costs!
It’s only a matter of three short months until Christmas, and you can be sure your team are already thinking about present shopping and saving the pennies to enjoy the Christmas period fully. Of course it isn’t your responsibility to help your staff save effectively, but there are a few things you can do in order to show that you’re a thoughtful and caring employer, especially leading up to, and over the festive celebrations. We’ve put together our top five tips to help cut those costs for your team over Christmas:
1) Set a lower limit on your office secret Santa – it’s an entertaining and engaging game to play, but sometimes it’s tough for people if that £20 could have gone to their Aunt’s present, for example. A £5 limit is more than enough to buy something fun and thoughtful.
2) Get crafty! Ask someone on your design team, or a contact to come in one lunch break to show your staff how to home-make presents. This is a good way of getting the team together doing group exercises, and in turn it will save them money, if they find they’ve got a creative flair! It’s a win-win situation.
3) Try and keep your Christmas do within budget so that you don’t have to go ask your team to pitch in. It’s easy to let things get a bit out of control with the Christmas celebrations, but remember that everyone is trying their best to save all they can, so it’s a good idea to keep a beady eye on the budget so that you’re not asking too much of your employees for extras.
4) How about holding a Christmas competition with a money prize? It doesn’t have to be a big one, but every little helps, doesn’t it? You can link the competition to your business targets so your team are working really hard to win that prize, which will help them a little more when it comes to Christmas shopping.
5) Invest in an office coffee machine. It’s cold and people are drinking more coffee and tea than ever – why don’t you look into buying, leasing or loaning a machine for your workplace? If you make the machine cashless, you’re immediately saving your staff money, but also time. Usually they’d head out at lunchtime to queue for a drink, and that cost adds up fast! It’s a nice gesture during the Christmas period too and if you’re ‘giving back’ to your employees, they’ll work harder for you.
If you’d like to talk to someone about an office vending machine and the options available to you, please don’t hesitate to give us a call and we can give you more details on our KLIX drinks vending solutions. Call us on: 0800 0323 444 or visit Get A Quote.