How to engage your employees
Posted at 13:00 in : Blog
We know how important employee engagement is, and considering it also complements our promise to create great tasting moments at work for you, we hope these ideas will help you boost your team.
We’ve been thinking about the best ways to keep your employees engaged, so we did some research and decided that the brilliant movement, Engage for Success, had the best top tips. Now we think it’s about time we shared them with you. We know how important employee engagement is, and considering it also complements our promise to create great tasting moments at work for you, we hope these ideas will help you boost your team.
1) Give your employees regular feedback: it’s important to set up a process in which you let your team know regularly how they’re doing. We understand that it’s hard to make time to see everyone individually, but employee engagement surveys have shown that people need ongoing feedback and coaching from their managers in order to progress. It’s a natural feeling to want to know how you are doing, and if you’re on the right track. We all need a little help every now and again.
2) Ensure employees have clear goals: just like employees need regular feedback, they also need clear goals to work towards – otherwise what is all their hard work for? They need to know what is expected of them so that they have a purpose and meaning in their everyday work – and hopefully with time, they will also be able to see the bigger picture – that their work is important, it’s valued, and it impacts the business.
3) Support development: engaged employees are the ones that have opportunities to learn. Whether it’s learning on the job, or formal training outside of it – if your staff feel there is room to advance and grow within the business, then it’s pretty safe to say that they will dedicate more time and effort to their work. There are many ways to support employee development, here are a few: mentoring, job sharing, secondment, personal assignment.
4) Reward and recognise: this is the fun bit! Everyone wants to be appreciated – that’s the most important reward for working hard. You can reward and recognise in formal and informal ways – and the best, cheapest way to do it is really to just keep telling employees that they matter! But if you want to do something a little different, then how about installing an office coffee vending machine into your workplace as a thank you to your team for their hard work? We have a choice of two drinks machines, the KLIX 450 and the KLIX OUTLOOK – both catering for 15+ and 40+ people.
5) Involve employees: it’s only when employees feel they are completely ‘in the know’ about what is happening with a company, when nothing is being hidden from them, that they can start to feel that what they are doing is personally contributing to the business’s story. And when they truly understand your company’s story, they’ll start to involve themselves in it and make it their own.
If you’d like to talk to someone about an office vending machine and the options available to you, please don’t hesitate to give us a call and we can give you more details about our KLIX drinks vending solutions.
Call us on: 0800 0323 444 or visit Get A Quote.